I dare to say my concern and use case.

I'm working with OpenOffice for a few years with two types of documents:
test specifications and test protocols. The first is a long-long-long
document of hierarchical structure. In my current spec there are  27
chapters of test case list  and from 3 to 13 test cases in each chapter.

The protocol is spreadsheet, listing all that.

The test specification is subject to often revisions and updates, and every
time I have to check if the protocol is up-to-date with spec. It's important
for me to see all the contents tree expanded, I don't want to have to expand
each of 27 chapters manually every time.

So, when I didn't find "expand all tree" in LibreOffice, I had to go back to
OpenOffice :( (sob).

I don't want to think that my problem is "too corporative for FOSS
software", I think it's not that hard to give a user an option to preserve
old contents tree behavior or a button(s) "expand all" - "collapse all"
(FreeMind-style), or both. Of course, not every user has 27 chapters of from
3 to 13 test cases, but his document may be a book or what.

Thanks in advance :)