On Fri, 2011-04-01 at 08:23 +0200, Kévin PEIGNOT wrote:

Le jeudi 31 mars 2011 à 20:32 -0400, planas a écrit :
On Fri, 2011-04-01 at 02:00 +0200, Kvin PEIGNOT wrote:

Hy every one. I had an idea to focus more on document, less on software:

I was using the new Ubuntu (Natty, due to release in April), when I
realized the new overlay scrollbars, that you can see there :
http://vimeo.com/20570173 are exactly something that seems me to fit
with the document foundation paradigm (not sure of the word, it's
paradigme in french): focus more on the document (the content in Ubuntu
case), and less on the software. What do you think of it? I know, it's a
little thing, but little things matters ;). This type of scrollbars can
be part of an amazing light UI I think.

Kvin
--
Sent from Ubuntu 11.04

Kevin

Paradigm is correct in English. The Unity interface is interesting, I
have not used it, yet.

If it makes it easier for more users I favor it or something similar. My
philosophy is that computers are tools first and as you said little
things can be very important.

How do like the Unity interface? Do you think it is better than the
"normal" interface?

--
Jay Lozier
Jslozier@gmail.com

I think the Unity interface is a great move. it's not perfect yet, but I
think Ubuntu 11.10 will have a really better Unity. It have a big
potential, but it's too young (I think it's as good as actual gnome
panel. ) I think it can be better than Gnome SHell, it has a better
potential, but this potential is still not well used. I am sure it will
be soon.

The scrollbars are the sames. A great potential, but some little
problems, that can be easily removed. With the scrollbars, I must say
you have lighter windows.

Kévin PEIGNOT

Kevin

I will try its soon when 11.04 comes out. Some have been critical of the
move to Unity but I have not heard an actual user. Sounds like it may be
a very good move after the bugs get worked out.

--
Jay Lozier
Jslozier@gmail.com