Hi all,

On 3/11/2011 1:36 AM, Bernhard Dippold wrote:

As I said to Nick, I hope that my apologies will make you change your
mind. I have very bad taste regarding design (as a vast majority of
developers), so I fully trust design team opinion when it's given.
You don't need to apology for anything!
Very true. Just to clarify with yourself (Sebastien) and Christoph, there's no need for either of you to apologise. Sebastien you're doing a great job and I'm sorry you got caught up in this at all. I'm more disappointed with Michael's "down get bogged down by Designers" mentality than anything, but even on his part, I can see this is just a misunderstanding, one which is probably the result of his not having time to read the thread, but the assumptions made were quite typical of developers who don't think much of Designers. Like Bernhard said, it's just demeaning for that to come from one of the most prominent developers in the community.

If your opinion would have been shared by Michael, I'd never had written
such a mail.

[.... skipping more comments I totally agree with ...]

Thanks for your patience and positive attitude towards other parts of the
community.
+1
I still hope that this is the way we all can work together on topics important
to more than one single group or team.

Best regards

Bernhard

While I'm going to stick to my guns and avoid this issue so I can focus more on a more straight-forward current Design topic, I'm sure someone else with step in. We have a great crew and I hope this hasn't diminished your resolve to work with them Sebastien, thanks for being so patient. I've worked with Developers who respect Designers and vice versa, and the result of that collaboration is always magic.

-Nik