Hi Bernhard, all!

Just a short message, since I feel like a "wreck" after another full day
workshop at work ... :-)

Am Montag, den 28.02.2011, 23:32 +0100 schrieb Bernhard Dippold:
[...]
So my proposal would be to differentiate between "resources for TDF
use" (or official use), and "resources for the LibreOffice community".
Would that be fine?

I don't think that this helps to differ between the two logos.

Do you think we need to place them on an equal level for download?

If we would provide the logo without TDF subline as downloadable
resource and keep the logo with subline as reference where the sources
are put aside for more internal use - don't you think this would work?

Everybody in need for a logo with subline knows about the difference and
will find the resources, even if they are not as prominent as the
"community logos".

Thinking ... personally I'd like to keep all things together (more or
less) that have an impact on the branding. This includes the TDF
subline / non-subline items as well. Especially since we do ship the
product with the official logo (which has to consider the branding as
well), but the community is asked to use another logo.

I'm also thinking about the press, who might use the TDF subline if they
cite discussions with/from SC members ... so there is some equality. So,
in this case (and since I know that you prepared the wiki gallery), it
might make sense to keep them there ... and to collect all community
related items on another page (more prominently).

By the way, what I'm currently unsure about is (I lost track, sorry!)
whether the current community logo is finished to be used "in the
field".

Do you think that's appropriate with regard to the
trademark guidelines?

Charles already put up a logo policy wiki page, describing the different
use-cases for the logos in addition to the trademark policy and the
branding guidelines:

http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Logo_Policy

I think we should link this page from our branding page too.

But I'm not so very happy with our resources in the wiki in general.

You already started a dedicated wallpaper wiki page, differing between
design and marketing content.

Yep, sorry if that missed the point ... to me, it was important that we
separate "development content" and "end-user related content" to improve
the ease-of-use. If you have further ideas ... I'm curious!

I'll start a new thread with the question of copying the OOo Art
project's wiki gallery. As I created it, I can relicense it ;-) :

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Art/Gallery

:-) Looks good to me, although I would like to see less prominent
headings (capitalization looks a bit unfriendly to me, personally). But
it's a nice way to improve access to the content. At the end, people
have to care about the content (adding, updating, ...).

Concerning the latter, Marc already mentioned the "how to request
artwork (/ usability support)" from us. Something for the kick-off, and
some further discussion here. But more on that tomorrow.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,
Christoph