Am 25.02.2011 01:05, schrieb Bernhard Dippold:
Hi Marc, Paulo, all
2nd topic: Approval of Paulo's skyscraper banner

I would ask you to approve the skyscraper (160x600px) vertical banner as
"official" design element to be used on external websites:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:LibreOffice-The-Challenge-Banner-Paulo-v2-dark.png

This banner is perfect in my eyes:

It is distinct from our branding (still don't know if can't create
design following our branding, but showing clearly that the artwork
doesn't want to pretend to be on a TDF site, but link to us), but keeps
(even in the dark theme) the clear, friendly and open language of our
branding.
It contains elements dedicated to this special action item.
Even on the dark theme the main tone is a lighter grey.
The very distinct font in the middle part contrasts very well with the
bold characters of the upper and lower part.

Several people already posted their positive opinion on this proposal,
so I ask all of you to vote by "+1" or "-1" if you want to present this
vertical banner as part of the (still to be created) "official
design/marketing material repository".

My vote is: +1

+1 for the design

but I think that the text "Help us fund the foundation!" is a little bit out of time for this banner. We have 96% of the money needed for the Stiftung itself. Maybe we write: "Help us encourage the foundation" or "Help us boost the foundation". Or something which shows the people outside that the foundation now needs money to do the work to stay with/against the others.

--
Grüße
k-j