Hi Michael, *

as this is the design list, we can't really help you with your question.

The proper mailing list would be the developer list at

As this list is not accessible via Nabble (AFAIK) you will have to subscribe there.

Another way would be to post your question on the general discussion list (discuss@documentfoundation.org), where I read Fabián Rodríguez, the author of this paragraph in our wiki.

But perhaps a few comments might already help:

emarkay schrieb:

"Reporting Ubuntu bugs ..." via: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/BugReport

As this is a multiplatform program, I can understand that the "main" user of
it (Ubuntu) is to have a separate bug system.

The Ubuntu paragraph on the wiki page describes how to handle Ubuntu *specific* bugs.

Thus, the first question is:

What if a Ubuntu-reported bug also affects Windows version, for example, or
vice versa; what's the link to ensure both (or all relevant OS platform
issues) are addressed?

IMHO the normal bug system at freedesktop is the right place if you think it might affect other OS too:
https://bugs.freedesktop.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=LibreOffice

Reading the last line of the paragraph it seems that this should be done even if the bug looks like Ubuntu specific:

"Filing a bug report at FreeDesktop.org as described above is also useful as such "upstream reports" can then be checked (and possibly tested and fixed) for other LibreOffice versions. "

Second, and most important, LO is "standard issue" now in Ubuntu "Natty",
which is still in Beta at this time.
There is no Official Ubuntu LO support for the current release (Maverick),
nor the prior LTS (Long Term Support) release, Lucid, nor prior active
Ubuntu releases.
There is, however a "PPA" that is supported by the Document Foundation; thus
while not "blessed" by the Ubuntu authorities, is tested there by some
"official" LO developers, and is "as good as we'll get" for Lucid and
Maverick users who want to migrate to LO.

Thus, the question is, do Lucid and Maverick Ubuntu users submit bug reports
to the Ubuntu Launchpad, even though ther is no development or support for
those 'Ubuntus', or to the Bugzilla location?

I hope Fabián will be able to help.

Best regards

Bernhard