Hi Cor, all,

(CC'ing Cor on his request)
Cor Nouws schrieb:
Hi all,

Recently I send a request for a banner for FOSDEM, next weekend.
But I just realised that I am not subscribed to the list, so pls cc me :-)

I would like to print a/some banner(s), but with vertical orientation.

It is my intention to hang them somewhere high in the area, close to our
booth ;-)

After my first mail I received a friendly mail with a file, but I should
have been a bit more verbose about my ideas, request.

I've done a rough draft here:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:Banner_Rough_Ideas_fromcornouws.png
Oops ;-)
#1 is clear.

...but boring ;-)

#1A: could be done with text in a curve?

Possibly, but I don't like it very much either - too less content IMHO.

#2: could also print just 2 or 3 default size papers en
bind them under each other

This might really be a great idea - and easily to create (you just need strong paper and rings to combine them).

You would not be limited to 1 m height, but you could extend the line depending on the space above the booth...

#3: the design from
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Design/Kick-Off/CurrentWorkStatus#LibreOffice_and_BrOffice_Product_Artwork

I like this design more than #1 or #1A, but I don't know about the scale of your banner.

So, that are ideas that are from complicated (#1A), to 'done right now'
(#3).

What do you people think, are able to do?

I can't do tonight, perhaps tomorrow?

My idea is a set of 12 single A4 pages (landscape orientation)

11 containing the letters of L-I-B-R-E-O-F-F-I-C-E together with the new MimeType icons, the last one should show the logo.

BTW... I need it Friday morning around 9:00 UTC ...

I don't know if anybody else could step in - this would be great!

As Thorsten requested the final version of the MimeType icons ready for Friday too, I'm sorry that I think this task is more urgent...

NB. since I am not subscribed to this list, pls cc me ;-)

Done...

Best regards

Bernhard