Hi Ivan,

On 29-01-2011 05:04, Ivan M. wrote:
Thanks :). Surprisingly it degrades quite gracefully in IE 6 (well, as gracefully as can be expected); there are no quotes but the text style and position are preserved. Of course, the 32 bit PNGs have gray backgrounds, but, at the end of the day, that's the price users (should) pay for using IE 6.
The most appropriate word you already said: Surprising

I wish I could claim credit for the quotes, but I found the trick somewhere online (I can't find
the link now) and adapted it for LibO.
But your implementation of this trick deserves credit! :)

CSS transitions are a little too cutting-edge - we should go with jQuery for special effects. I've
posted some examples of nice jQuery plugins that we can use in an earlier discussion and I'd like
to see us make some progress on that. The links I mentioned were [1] and [2]. What do you think
about these, or can you think of some other nice jQuery effects that we could use?

[1] http://leandrovieira.com/projects/jquery/lightbox/
[2] http://nivo.dev7studios.com/
Yeah, these jQuery plugins are very good and used by many. I know other lightbox effects, but they all are very similar. But if you wanna know, there is a blog that I follow and it contains simple and amazing examples of jQuery usage and CSS stuff. Maybe you already know: http://css-tricks.com/

See you,
~Paulo
--
Paulo José O. Amaro