Hi Florian,

2012/10/1 Florian Effenberger <floeff@documentfoundation.org>:
the current conference program foresees a welcome speech from TDF officials.

Since at least on the very first day, we also have some governmental
officials at the venue, my plan is to deliver that speech in dual language,
i.e. a sentence in German, then translating that into English, "live". I
think I should be able to do so, even without notes.

What do you think about that? Is this rather annoying, or a good idea? The
conference language is English, so are the talks, but I wanted to make an
exception for the welcome speech.

I would have asked the governmental officials if they will be so kind
to hold their welcome talk in english, as most of the guests will not
understand german.
If they are willing to do so, I would say they would understand what
you are talking about in english.

If not, you should not change language after each sentence, but after
"paragraphs".

Volker

--
Volker Merschmann