[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-accessibility] Jaws not speaking when use Latest Version of LibreOffice 5.1.4
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-accessibility] Jaws not speaking when use Latest Version of LibreOffice 5.1.4
- From: V Stuart Foote <VStuart.Foote@utsa.edu>
- Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2016 09:13:29 -0700 (MST)
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
David Ouimet wrote
> Has anyone had trouble getting the Latest Version of Jaws17 working with
> LibreOffice 5.1.4. Jaws isn’t speaking anything at all, it just says
> untitled document when first login. I made sure the accessibility option
> was turned on in the accessibility category for screenreaders & restarted
> the program like they mentioned too. I had to check that with NvDA. NVDA
> speaks everything the menus, options & everything else too.
LibreOffice implemented a native accessibility bridge for Windows builds
based on the IAccessible2 (v1.3) API.
The NVDA screen reader's IAccessible2 and Symphony modules continue to
handle LibreOffice sessions fairly completely.
It seems unlikely that Freedom Scientific would drop support for the
IAccessible2 standards in this latest release. But it could be a
configuration issue on JAWS 17, please check with Freedom Scientific or
your integrator, as few folks here will not have JAWS 17 available to assist
in a timely fashion.
View this message in context: http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice-accessibility-Jaws-not-speaking-when-use-Latest-Version-of-LibreOffice-5-1-4-tp4189836p4189850.html
Sent from the Accessibility mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/accessibility/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|[libreoffice-accessibility] Jaws not speaking when use Latest Version of LibreOffice 5.1.4||David Ouimet <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-accessibility] Jaws not speaking when use Latest Version of LibreOffice 5.1.4
- Next by Date: RE: [libreoffice-accessibility] Jaws not speaking when use LatestVersion of LibreOffice 5.1.4
- Previous by thread: RE: [libreoffice-accessibility] Jaws not speaking when use LatestVersion of LibreOffice 5.1.4
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-accessibility] In LibreOffice, Orca doesn't speak anymore when add link