Hi Tom,

Le 2013-01-17 05:46, Tom Davies a écrit :
Hi :)
I wondered if anyone here is interested in putting forwards ideas for where money should be
targeted to improve accessibility.  No-one on this list backed my ideas so i couldn't put them
forwards.  Is everyone happy with accessibility in LibreOffice?  Is it all working perfectly all
the time?

Regards from
Tom :)

Be aware that Florian has stated that a funding suggestion needs to be backed by someone who will assume leadership/responsibility for any request from start to end. IMO, there should also be a clear accessibility team, which could just be 2-3 people who make it a point to advance accessibility issues.

For example, you could have accessibility bugs sent to this list and help QA with bug quashing -- some of this is easy to do such as "confirming" that the bugs do happen on other people's boxes and OS's OR helping test out possible fixes to the bugs etc. We do this with the Website list and it has been quite the success.

Sometimes when people see positive movement in a group it will inspire others to follow and to help out.

As you know accessibility is quite important in getting LibreOffice accepted in large institutional settings (educational/governments etc.). I am sure that the TDF would be interested in getting proposals from the accessibility team and helping out.

Cheers,

Marc

--
Marc Paré