(My comments are inline.)

Am Do, 6.12.2012, 19:18 schrieb V Stuart Foote:
(...)

Unfortunately, the winaccessibility IAccessible2 implementation of the IBM
Symphony contribution (or the rest of Symphony base line) did not get
picked up for inclusion in the current development effort. So it has NOT
been released as open source and the responsible IBM devs are working on
their contributions in house.

What do you mean by "not been releases as open source"? I thought the
IAccessible2 code had been sitting in the Child Work Spaces:
<http://hg.services.openoffice.org/>.

That is bad for LibreOffice because there
has been some reluctance to start from scratch on building a native bridge
for Windows OS implementing IAccessible2 <-> UNO Accessibility API
anticipating the IBM contribution would be released near term.

My understanding was their was reluctance to do the integration of IBM's
IAccessible2 code before OpenOffice had done it because that would mean
duplication of work.

So, we'll either have to  continue to wait. Or one of our LibreOffice
developers would need to take an interest and use either the
NSAccessibility (OSX) or AT/ATK (Linux & GNOME) bridge as a model to
expose the UNO Accessibility API roles as IAccessible2 for the Windows
builds.

But, what really should happen is that the UNO Accessibility API should be
scrubbed for additional functionality--adjusting the NSAccessibility and
AT/ATK bridges accordingly--and a new Windows bridge conceived. It could
be IAccessible2/MSAA based or even Microsoft UIAutomation/IAccessibleEx
based.

Creating a bridge to UIAutomation would mean developing that from scratch,
unlike integrating the IAccessible2 code. (Unless I missed something
really important, which is perfectly possible.)

Best regards,

Christophe Strobbe

Point is that the base line UNO Accessibility API does need some
additional work. And since it is the framework for ALL LibreOffice
Accessibility the development could be spread across a broader pool of
developers and done correctly.

Stuart