Hi :)
Is there any chance of someone putting forwards a couple of funding proposals from the
Accessibility List, perhaps as a Team effort?  I think less than 1 line, just a sentence with a
hopeful guess at how much cash might be needed.  A few different proposals with very different
amounts might help.  If we had success with a smaller budget the larger items might happen later.

I kinda see Stuart as a potential team leader as he seems to have done an excellent job at that in
the past (although that was more by accident rather than being deliberate and i'm not sure he was
keen on finding himself in that position).

So far there have been 2 suggestions and i think either would cost a lot.  I can't remember the
other one but mine was

1.  to employ a part-time or full-time dev team leader or supervisor with part of her/his remit
being to inspire people to volunteer and  join her/his team for working on code for Accessibility
issues.

1.  a)  Part of my suggestion was that another part of their job might be to decide on whether it's
better to start again from scratch and write new code that doesn't depend on Java except perhaps to
link to java tools used in whichever OS.  Such a rewrite would take ages before it could be brought
into main branch or even as a working Extension so the existing tools would need to be maintained
adequately (not hugely well but enough to work with) until that part was completed.  I'm not sure
if it's even possible or if it's the way accessibility already works in LO.  So, i think leave that
decision up to whoever TDF employed to lead the team (which doesn't really exist much yet).  They
might want to delay that decision or use it to help attract people to this part of the project.
Either way seems good to me.

So, does anyone agree with me about putting forwards a proposal to employ a dev team-leader of some
sort?  Can we have a vote on that?  Anyone else have other ideas we could put forwards?  Can anyone
remember the other idea that was put forwards?  I vaguely remember it being good but then lost
track of it! :(

Regards from
Tom :)