Hello Christophe,

On Mon, 08 Aug 2011 16:44:17 +0200
Christophe Strobbe <christophe.strobbe@esat.kuleuven.be> wrote:

Hi Sigrid,

At 16:07 8-8-2011, Sigrid Carrera wrote:
Hello @all,

I would like our documentation to be accessible to people who can't
see as good as I can. So what do I have to do to achieve this goal?
I imagine, that it is more than just checking "tagged PDF" when I
create the PDF file from the odt. So what else needs to be done?

You can check the presentation I made at the RMLL conference last month:
<http://2011.rmll.info/Accessibilite-des-documents> (in English and in French).

I you prefer text (and more details), you can check the authoring
techniques for OpenOffice Writer (v3.2) from the ADOD project at
<http://adod.idrc.ocad.ca/>. You will need to work around some bugs
of you are using LibreOffice 3.3, for example, adding alt text to
images after the caption (because adding a caption deletes the alt
text), or identifying the language of links (because links by default
have no language in OOo or Libo, unless you modify the character
style named "Internet link").

thanks, I will have a look at both links.

I won't have a problem with adding the captions before adding the alt text, since our documents
exist already. :) And the only links we have in the documents are the email address for comments to
the documents and where to download our documents. No other links used.

Thanks again.

Sigrid