Bonjour à tous,

À propos des régressions, je copie ici les minutes de l'ESC :
* Proposal to TDF board to have regression prevention as a future key
goal (Ilmari)
  + Volunteer contributors are not in a position to know how paid
development relates to regressions of arbitrary age – unrealistic
expectations sometimes
  + Increasing automation etc. is something concrete we can do to reduce
the friction between volunteers in the various teams and paid devs
  + Budget items would be optional, can also focus existing resources
  + Good to send a positive message to volunteers through action and
acknowledgement
  + Maybe make it an initiation ritual that newcomer devs tackle a
cppunit test immediately after their first trivial easy hack
  + Invest in figuring out how to integrate the automated triaging
system Bugbug into our Bugzilla after we upgrade to 6
https://github.com/mozilla/bugbug
  + brought this proposal to the board, they said come to the ESC
    + they way the key goals work is that the TDF staff focuses on these
areas
    + may also have some budget associated
  + sounds really encouraging (Michael M)
    + the last output from ESC’s budget ranking contained no testing
topics, other than a11y testing
    + Xisco may have ideas where to focus
    + Some areas are hard to test (Michael M)
  + could also cover things like automated triaging (Ilmari)
    + is it looking for duplicates? (Michael M)
    + also adds metadata (Ilmari)
    + anything that helps to get staff to work on this area is great
(Thorsten)
    + also educate: just because XY worked on an area, can’t expect to
fix any related problems/regressions forever (Miklos)
      + not easy to solve this
    + fail to see the benefit of putting this as a key goal, though (Xisco)
      + acts as a license for us to focus on this when doing mentoring
(Ilmari)
      + could have a PDF validator (Xisco, Thorsten)
  + question: “Should the board made regression prevention a key goal?”
    => yes, that makes sense (All)

Ilmari a fait cette proposition lors de la dernière réunion des
directeurs et il lui a été demandé de la présenter à l'ESC pour accord.
C'est donc chose faite. Si vous avez des idées et propositions
d'améliorations de la chaîne de tests, n'hésitez pas.

À bientôt
Sophie
--
Sophie Gautier sophi@libreoffice.org