On 05-09-16 20:10, Girvin Herr wrote:
What I was occasionally experiencing was
something similar to what you are seeing.  The tables would prematurely
advance to the next page before filling the current page, or continue on
the next page in other than the first section column, and blank pages
would appear which could not be edited (the cursor could not be put in
them), but were printed (negating the purpose of saving trees).

So in general things that are not text, such as TOC's, tables, frames and
pictures, that are anchored not as character can cause trouble when
repaginating.

I think it would help if some work arounds can be found, you have a
solution:

... I found the Tools -> Update -> Page Formatting option and
having nothing to lose, tried it.  I was pleasantly surprised that the
pages were reformatted correctly with no blank pages and the table flow
problems were corrected.

... as an example of such a work around. For me it does not work.

So I tried to create a pure document, trying to create the problems:

 * New document from default template
 * Change default style (a hate double enters)
 * Insert image, png, via menu, style left and right
 * Insert ASCII text, Lorem etc.
 * Make headings 1 and 2
 * Copy everything (dragging+ctrl) untill there are ~60 pages
 * Make page 1 with page break for title

Everything works fine, no problems, but...

When I change evaluate levels of the TOC to 1, everything repagenates fine.
Turning it back to a higher level, and everything becomes chaos. See
attached nabble file.
<http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/file/n4192710/04.png>

Tools > Update does not work. Work around: Close and open file. But many of
my .odm files are not sensitive to this solution.