On 07/12/2011 04:10 PM, Zak McKracken wrote:
Am 10.07.2011, 15:49 Uhr, schrieb webmaster for Kracked Press Productions <webmaster@krackedpress.com>:

On 07/09/2011 07:12 PM, Zak McKracken wrote:
Am 09.07.2011, 20:40 Uhr, schrieb webmaster for Kracked Press Productions <webmaster@krackedpress.com>:>
My hosting company will not allow files larger than 700+ MB and the two DVD versions [3.3.3 and 3.4.1] of LibreOffice are over 3.4 GB in size. The account has not issues of having 100 GB of executable files online but if I have any ISO files, then they say that I am a repository and it is not allowed.

Hmm... what would happen if you put the ISOs into a zip container? :)

3.7 GB as an ISO
3.4 GB as a zipped file.

I was refereing to the hosting company not liking iso files but having no problem with executables. So maybe zip files are no problem either? Or make them self-extracting archives, so you'll have executables ... problem solved :) If then it is possible to seed a torrent from that hosting machine, the bandwidth problem also becomes a lot less of a problem.

 Zak

P.S.: Sorry for seemingly not knowing the rest of the thread ... gmane gives me many of the posts a lot later than they are posted, and my own ones sometimes take days to become visible ...

P.P.S.: Good luck with the distribution (and maintenance!) of the DVDs, they seem like a pretty good idea!

It does not matter what the file is, zip, exe, html, image. My hosting company will not allow DVD size files on their servers. Every type of upload I have to their servers either block the upload, or will just show the file with a Zero file size. They have some security scripts, or something, in place to make sure you cannot have such a large file on their servers.