As I have already stated several times, you practically already have what you are
asking for by using the down arrow next to the Paste Icon on the toolbar! 2 clicks
instead of one. I'm sure the programmers are going to want to program that 1 click
out.
Roxy

Roxy Robinson <rocmar62@ranchwireless.com> writes:

I don't know what is so difficult or time consuming.

Can I post a screencast here to show what I mean?

And I certainly don't agree with typing it in versus copying and
pasting.

As I already said, I don´t like having to type either and would rather
paste. Just LO makes pasting more troublesome than typing, so type
because it´s less troublesome.

IMHO, you would have to be an extremely fast typist to accomplish what
I just finished by typing everything in. I had 10 separate, old
spreadsheets from 10 graduating classes from my high school.

As I already said, what I need to get into my document is a few short
lines like a street address and some other things from different places
on a web page. I need to do that frequently.

I don´t need to go through 10 large spreadsheets and get all their
contents into one document. That´s probably something not done
frequently, it probably involves copying a lot of data and it doesn´t
involve web pages and perhaps not any other application than LO
itself.

In this case, you have a completely different application of copy and
paste than I do. Nonetheless I think it would be useful if you could set
a default for how to paste instead of having to chose every time when
pasting.

If you use the standard Toolbar there is an icon for cut, copy, &
paste. Beside the Paste icon is a down arrow. Click the down arrow and
select "unformatted text", and it pastes unformatted text.

Thanks, that´s another option. It´s not convenient, though, because
first you need to figure out which icon to use, then you need to hit the
very tiny down-arrow, then you need to click on the pretty small
"unformatted text" entry.

You might not understand it, but to me, the design is ergonomically
horrible. I´m not good at remembering icons and don´t care about them,
having to hit such a tiny spot with the mouse pointer is straining,
working as "visually oriented" as some people seem to do easily is
exhausting for me. I don´t use these toolbars. It´s much easier just to
move the mouse pointer over a window and to press the paste-button. LO
doesn´t need to make things so difficult.

You could use the Macro by assigning it to something like Ctrl+U, as
suggested elsewhere, but since I would already be using my mouse to
select the text, I think clicking the Paste Icon Down Arrow on the
toolbar would be just as easy and just as fast as letting go of the
mouse and hitting Ctrl+U. Hmmmmmmm.

See, that´s one of the things I´m saying: I don´t want to have to switch
between mouse and keyboard to paste a few lines into my document.

Hm. Perhaps I can find a way to put an icon into the toolbar that pastes
unformatted text? ... YES! I just did :) It´s not an icon, it makes a
big field in the toolbar, labled "Unformatierten Text einfügen" ("insert
unformatted text"). That makes a nicely big field easy enough to click
:) I´ll use that now.

Still users should be able to set a default pasting type.