Hi Roxy, Jay--

Thank you for your replies but please keep on topic.

This thread is not about how to change file associations in Windows or how
to set a particular program as the default in Windows. We all know how to do
this already (I hope) and we all accept that only one program will launch on
double-clicking files of a particular type. Rather, it's about the highly
unusual -- and puzzling -- warning in the LibO 3.3.3. release notes and the
recommendation to uninstall OpenOffice.org before installing LibreOffice.

From your reports, I gather that it is possible, after all, to have both
these suites installed on a computer and working normally. Thanks, that is
valuable information. However, two questions remain: What about the note
from Jack that there could be a problem because the main executable in both
LibO and OOo is named soffice.exe: does action need to be taken in this
regard? And if not, can the warning to uninstall OOo before installing LibO
be removed?

At this point, it would be good if a developer or website maintainer with
insight on what is going on could chime in.