Hi :)

LibreOffice works on Windows too and can be installed without making it the
default Office Suite.  Your colleagues could continue to use MS Office for most
things and then just use LibreOffice for the newsletter.

So far it seems that files created in LibreOffice (or OpenOffice) look fairly
close to the original when opened in MS Office although for MS Office prior to
2007 the files need to be saved as "Word 98/2000/Xp" format (.doc rather than
.docX or .odt).  Word 2007 and 2010 can open .odt but handles .doc better.  This
can be set as the default format in LibreOffice or OpenOffice
Tools - Options - "Load/Save" - General
and then use the 2 drop-down lists at the bottom to set-up the new defaults
(roll back up the list 2 places to see the "98/200/Xp" formats).  Sometimes it's
just easier to use
File - "Save As .."
but changing the defaults mean you don't have to worry until after you upgrade
again.

Were the Hebrew fonts messed up?  If that happens it might be possible to
install 'better' Hebrew fonts.  Usually it is something odd about the way MSO
handles text-boxes and pictures, any boxes really.  But this can usually be
fixed just by dragging the boxes back to the right place

Hopefully compatibility will improve but MS like to try to make things difficult
so that people are forced into buying their latest Office all the time.  Google
docs also uses the OpenDocument Formats and compatibility is improving there
too.  The whole Cloud thing is still a bit new but it's hopefully improving
despite occasional set-backs.

Encouraging your colleagues to install LibreOffice and make sure it is NOT set
as the default Office Suite will help you all move to better compatibility with
more systems.  They might even find they prefer LibreOffice more and more even
though they could always use MSO instead.  The icons are nicer and menus more
familiar than the ribbon-bar (especially as it looks in MSO 2007).

Regards from
Tom :)