On 05/18/2011 04:10 PM, AndrewB wrote:
I have received a Microsoft Word document which shows one font on screen and
a completely different font when printed.
On screen, the font "drop down" menu says "Monotype Corsiva" but the
document is rendered in something that looks just like Arial.
When printed, the document comes out in a curvy calligraphic font that looks
not unlike the on-line advertisements for the Monotype Corsiva font.
I do not have Corsiva installed on my PC (Windows 7 Pro) so I can imagine
that some font substitution is taking place on screen, but why does it work
when printed.
I'm baffled.
Regards,

That is the issue. If you do not have the font installed, it will not print correctly. LibreOffice will list the font name that is linked to the part of the text your courser is at, but that will not mean a thing except that is the font the original document used.

Also, some printers have hardware installed fonts.

There use to be an extension that indicated what fonts were in the document and were not installed on your computer. I do not know if it is still available.

Then there is the issue of screen fonts vs. printer fonts. I have heard that there may be some problems with LibreOffice settings with some types of fonts on some systems, though I have not had that trouble. MS Office files use to have issues for me back in Win2000 days with Office 2000 .doc files.

Can you get the needed font to install it on your computer?

If you do not know where you can get it, I can help point you in the correct direction OFF LIST.
at "webmaster@krackedpress.com"
The font itself comes from 1991 so it has been around for a bit. I had an HP laser printer that had it hardwired so you did not need to "download" the font to it.