[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-users] Problem with spellcheck
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-users] Problem with spellcheck
- From: Andrew McLean <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 14:15:06 +0000
- To: email@example.com
On 28/02/2011 12:41, Sigrid Carrera wrote:
On Mon, 28 Feb 2011 12:22:02 +0000
I have installed Libreoffice 3.3.1 on Windows 7, and I still have aspellcheck for which language? If you want to have anything other than en-US, you'll have to install the appropriate languagepack and helpfile in addition to the software package. Once you've installed all those packages, start LibO and go to "Tools> Options> Language" there you can set the UI language as well as the default language used in your documents. Check that everything is set to your preferred language.
was there with OpenOffice:
1. Spellchecking usually does nothing. It says 'spellcheck complete'
but it hasn't actually checked anything.
2. On a few documents, it works OK i.e. it is to do with a document
setting, but I
can't spot any difference between the option settings in the documents.
I think this helps.
Spellcheck for English UK. The required dictionary IS installed - or it wouldn't work
for the documents where it does work.
I believe that the problem is that for most of my documents the 'Text Language' is not set.
When I spellcheck and it doesn't do anything, I can see that behind the DB which says '"The spell check is complete. OK" is another DB titled "Spelling:[None]" which then says "Text language" and the drop-down
field next to that is blank. I can't use that DB to change this setting because when I click on "OK" both
DB's disappear. For the document where spellchecking works, the "Text Language" field is set to English UK.
So I need to know how to change the "Text Language" field for a document where it is blank, and to
ensure that new documents also have the correct setting.
Advice welcome !
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/www/users/
*** All posts to this list are publicly archived for eternity ***
|Re: [libreoffice-users] Problem with spellcheck||"Manfred J. Krause" <email@example.com>|
|[libreoffice-users] Problem with spellcheck||am577 <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Re: [libreoffice-users] Problem with spellcheck||Sigrid Carrera <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-users] record macro greyed out
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-users] assign keyboard keys
- Previous by thread: Re: [libreoffice-users] Problem with spellcheck
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-users] Problem with spellcheck