[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-users] Problem with Turkish characters
- Subject: [libreoffice-users] Problem with Turkish characters
- From: Arda Tunccekic <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2010 14:57:00 +0200
- To: email@example.com
Today I installed LibreOffice RC1 to one of the computers in our accounting department.
I exported some data from the main accounting program they use, to xls format.
When I checked the file, I saw that the Turkish characters are not displayed correctly.
I checked the operating system of the computer, it was a Win7 TR, having a Turkish keyboard and regional settings.
I copied the file to my XP computer, which I know it has no problems with Turkish character sets, opened it with LibreOffice RC1 and the Turkish characters were not displayed correctly again.
I opened the file in OpenOffice 3.2, the result was the same.
The menus and the language options are selected as Turkish in LO and OO.
In the cell properties I tried with many common fonts like Arial, Times New Roman, with Turkish language option, nothing changes.
For ex :
BÝYOLOJÝK should be BİYOLOJİK
Tarih Aralýðý should be Tarih aralığı
When I open the xls file with notepad, just to check the text, I can see the text with Turkish chars correctly.
Turkish characters are displayed correctly when I open the file with MS Excel 2003. I didn't try other MS versions, they probably can display properly too.
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
List archive: http://www.libreoffice.org/lists/users/
*** All posts to this list are publicly archived for eternity ***
|[libreoffice-users] Silent LibreOffice installation||Stefano Fraccaro <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-users] Re: LibreOffice with iBus on linux
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-users] Silent LibreOffice installation
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-users] can you have both OOo and LibreOffice installed into Ubuntu?
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-users] Silent LibreOffice installation