[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-design] Happy Holidays - and there I go again with the logo
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-design] Happy Holidays - and there I go again with the logo
- From: Bernhard Dippold <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 12:56:58 +0100
- To: email@example.com, Christoph Noack <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Hi Drew, *
Well, it's only fair that I ask...
:-) Thanks for thinking at asking ;-)
Have been working on a Holiday Greeting Card video for LibreOffice.
I saw the links you provided, but didn't manage to have a look at the video until yesterday: Thanks for your work!
So of course that means using the logo(s).
(Yes, I know life would be easier if I didn't ask)
If you grab that file and open the video contained within you will see
the first use of the logo - in this case the inverse document icon - I
suppose this is OK.
In my eyes it is nearly OK - even with the green light it stands on it's own and stays visible and recognizable.
Perhaps you could have a bit more room between the symbol and the text below it - the distance to the "G" is smaller than half the width of the symbol.
The green light is inside the white space area too, but if Christoph doesn't object, I'd like to allow this as an exception (we should add "single case decision for special cases" to the wiki page ).
There is also use of the full contemporary Logo, and here I am
overlaying a background image...but I think this is OK here?
The background image is meant to be a background - just structured like linen. It's color is neither too dark for the colored logo, nor one of our accent colors (in fact it is quite near to the "Yellow 4" from our color scheme).
Even if the background becomes slightly darker behind the last two characters of LibreOffice, I think discrimination is still enough, so it's OK too.
CC'ing Christoph for his opinion.
Here are two examples of what I'm doing there:
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to email@example.com
List archive: http://www.libreoffice.org/lists/design/
*** All posts to this list are publicly archived for eternity ***
|Re: [libreoffice-design] Happy Holidays - and there I go again with the logo||drew <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|[libreoffice-design] Happy Holidays - and there I go again with the logo||drew <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: [libreoffice-design] Happy Holidays - and there I go again with the logo
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-design] MimeType icons - first draft ready for discussion
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-design] Happy Holidays - and there I go again with the logo
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-design] Happy Holidays - and there I go again with the logo