Hello Frank,

thanks for the additional information you've provided.
How exactly VoiceOver announces things is not fully under LibreOffice's control, but from what you write, this sounds like this might actually be related to the role (or specific other properties) that LibreOffice sets on the accessibility layer on macOS.

I'll take a closer look once I have access to a macOS development setup.

Best regards,
Michael

PS: I've added the accessibility mailing list back to the recipients.