[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-accessibility] support of PDF UA
- Subject: [libreoffice-accessibility] support of PDF UA
- From: Jaap van de Putte <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2012 18:09:59 +0100
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
I'm new on this list and from the Netherlands. For websites the government in the Netherlands is following the accessibility guidelines from the W3C, the Web Content Accessibiliy Guidelines (WCAG). There are 3 levels of compliance and we will follow level AA. Also have we extended these guidelines with a number of extra rules. Together they form the Web Guidelines (Webrichtlijnen in Dutch).
According to these Web Guidelines, government sites are obliged to offer their documents in an open and accessible format. For now the possibilities of LibreOffice in exporting a file are sufficient: you have to export it to PDF/A-1a. In the near futere it will be necessary to use a new subversion of PDF, PDF/UA (Universal Accessibility). PDF/UA is more accessible than PDF/A-1a. More about this format you can read on ow.ly/8RxcQ <http://t.co/GZLiHl8b>.
I am curious if new versions of LibreOffice will make it possible to export files to PDF/UA. If LibreOffice is going to support this format, it will make a huge difference when LibreOffice is compared to other office suites. And it wil be must easier to promote LibreOffice to be used by government organizations.
Jaap van de Putte
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/accessibility/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|Re: [libreoffice-accessibility] support of PDF UA||Christophe Strobbe <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Re: [libreoffice-accessibility] support of PDF UA||Tom Davies <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: [libreoffice-accessibility] Editing text of footnotes/endnotes
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-accessibility] support of PDF UA
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-accessibility] Editing text of footnotes/endnotes
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-accessibility] support of PDF UA