[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-accessibility] Re: [Libreoffice] [PATCH] vcl: Printing UI "page range" autofocus
- Subject: [libreoffice-accessibility] Re: [Libreoffice] [PATCH] vcl: Printing UI "page range" autofocus
- From: Christophe Strobbe <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 14:52:23 +0200
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cc: email@example.com
At 06:50 22-10-2011, Maxim Iorsh wrote:
When the user selects "Pages" radio button in the Range section, it is very
reasonable to expect that she would now want to specify the range. Thus moving
the focus automatically to the page range edit box would save the user a mouse
Unrequested focus changes that are not announced in advance are not good practice for accessibility reasons.
1. When a screen reader user (typically a blind user) encounters a set of radio buttons, the only way to find out what the buttons are, is going through them with the up/down arrow. If the focus changes to the page range input field when she puts the focus on the Pages radio button, the label for the radio button will either not be read by the screen reader or the labels for the radio button and the edit field will be run together, which might lead to confusion.
2. Keyboard users (not only blind users) move through dialogs like the Print dialog with the Tab key and the Shift+Tab key. The latter is for navigating backwards. With this patch, what happens when the user presses Shift+Tab from the Page Range field in order to move back to the radio buttons? Does the focus immediately get pushed back to the edit field, making backwards navigation impossible?
Code is contributed under the LGPLv3+ / MPL.
Signed-off-by: Maxim Iorsh <firstname.lastname@example.org>
vcl/source/window/printdlg.cxx | 21 +++++++++++++++++++++
1 files changed, 21 insertions(+), 0 deletions(-)
K.U.Leuven - Dept. of Electrical Engineering - SCD
Research Group on Document Architectures
Kasteelpark Arenberg 10 bus 2442
tel: +32 16 32 85 51
Open source for accessibility: results from the AEGIS project www.aegis-project.eu
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/accessibility/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|[libreoffice-accessibility] Re: [Libreoffice] [PATCH] vcl: Printing UI "page range" autofocus||Michael Meeks <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-accessibility] Fwd: Re: [libreoffice-design] APP/Online LibreOffice
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-accessibility] Re: [Libreoffice] [PATCH] vcl: Printing UI "page range" autofocus
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-accessibility] Fwd: Re: [libreoffice-design] APP/Online LibreOffice
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-accessibility] Re: [Libreoffice] [PATCH] vcl: Printing UI "page range" autofocus