[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-accessibility] Fwd: Re: [libreoffice-design] APP/Online LibreOffice
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-accessibility] Fwd: Re: [libreoffice-design] APP/Online LibreOffice
- From: Astron <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2011 23:22:40 +0200
- To: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
> Did you attend Michael Meeks' presentation at the conference?
> Michael said that LibreOffice Online (LOOL) uses HTML5 Canvas
> to display the user interface, in other words, it does not use a user
> interface toolkit.
Sorry, my fault. I didn't read the whole thread. My mail was only
about porting to Android/IOS.
The Broadway stuff is pretty great in my opinion. While there will be
things that will have to be optimised for the in-browser use case
(mostly window management things, it seems), most of the code written
for it is also relevant for other GTK+ platforms. So, if this means
LibO 3.5 will look near-native in GTK+ 3, you wouldn't even have
needed the whole online availability thing to win me over :).
I am just a bit more pessimistic about Android/IOS, that can share
much less code and it will also be harder to implement. I was quite
surprised when I saw the TDF blog post announcing those ports that
"will become products sometimes in late 2012 or early 2013." I find
this ambitious, but I won't deny the necessity of these ports. That's
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/accessibility/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|[libreoffice-accessibility] Fwd: Re: [libreoffice-design] APP/Online LibreOffice||Christophe Strobbe <Christophe.Strobbe@esat.kuleuven.be>|
- Prev by Date: [libreoffice-accessibility] Fwd: Re: [libreoffice-design] APP/Online LibreOffice
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-accessibility] Re: [Libreoffice] [PATCH] vcl: Printing UI "page range" autofocus
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-accessibility] Fwd: Re: [libreoffice-design] APP/Online LibreOffice
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-accessibility] Re: [Libreoffice] [PATCH] vcl: Printing UI "page range" autofocus