Hi all,

Software Freedom Day (SFD) is a little less than a month away, and I'm
excited to hear about what plans you guys have for your local cities.
I also want to give you some free stickers, so keep on reading!

EVENTS TO ATTEND!

The official SFD site has US events listed in Chicago and Rochester,
NY, and there's even an event scheduled for Kitchner, Canada:
http://www.softwarefreedomday.org/map/index.php?year=2014

I know that there are several events planned that are not yet up on
the map, including events in the D.C. libraries and in Philadelphia,
PA, so the total number listed will grow in the coming weeks.

WANT TO PROMOTE LIBREOFFICE AT AN EVENT?

Promoting LibreOffice is easy, and to make it even more fun, we're
going to provide a packet of LibreOffice and Document Liberation
Project stickers to anyone in the US or Canada who is promoting
LibreOffice at an SFD event.

Here's How:
1) If there's no event in your area, sign up on the
http://www.softwarefreedomday.org/ site and register your team and
event.
The SFD wiki has a lot of great ideas about what kinds of events you
can run, like having a meetup at your local library!

2) List the event on the TDF Wiki page for SFD 2014:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Events/2014/Software_Freedom_Day

Are you going to give a talk about LibreOffice? Are you going to show
people how easy it is to join our community? Are you going to talk to
people about why you use LibreOffice?
Tell us your plans!

3) Email me

I'll send you a packet of our stickers...and perhaps a few stickers
for other Free Software projects as well!

4) After the event, make a blog post and share some pictures of the event!

Making a blog post and sharing some pictures helps us to promote
LibreOffice to an even wider audience. SFD is just a single day, but
we can continue to promote LibreOffice year-round!

WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?

Let's get out there and promote Free Software to people across the US
and Canada! You already know how great it is, so take some time on
September 20th and share the beauty of LibreOffice and Free Software
with some of your friends and neighbors.

Make to register your event *early* so you have time to advertise and
the stickers have time to get to you!

Best,
--R

--