Hello all,
How is spring treating you so far?

After a fight with copious quantities of melting snow on my deck, my
basement no longer looks like a small pond. An optimist might see the
water as an opportunity to put down some soap and commence with the
spring cleaning, but I've got my eye on other projects right now --
such as spring cleaning for our US Marketing pages on the wiki.

But first....

---

A Grand Welcome to our New List Members!

Old hands, please welcome our new list members who signed-up at
LibrePlanet in Boston!

New members:

* Please add your name/contact info to the state-by-state roster:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/US-Marketing/Members

* Don't be shy -- jump right in and tell us what you're interested in
accomplishing with LibreOffice!

* How do you suggest that we spread the name of LibreOffice from sea
to shining sea?

---

US Merketing Chat

How do we fight complacency? Some might say 'flamethrowers and bacon',
but I say: Let's schedule our next IRC chat!

I'll send out an email soon with a link to a doodle with a bunch of
times listed. Don't worry if you can't make this chat time -- I'm
hoping for us to meet every month!

---

Upcoming Events

So far this year LibreOffice has been to SCALE (Los Angeles),
GreatWideOpen (Atlanta), LibrePlanet (Boston), and hosted a Document
Freedom Day Event in Hanover, NH.

We will have booths/speakers at several more events in the US this
year, including

* LinuxFest Northwest (Bellingham, WA) - April
* Texas Linux Fest (Austin, TX) - June
* OSCON 2014 (Portland, OR) - July

We're also considering attending some other events, including

* SouthEast LinuxFest (Charlotte, NC) - June
* Fossetcon (Orlando, FL) - September
* Ohio LinuxFest (Columbus, OH) - October
* Christmas (Everywhere) - December

Do you or a FOSS-friendly friend (FFF) live near one of these cities?
Are you already planning to attend one of these conferences? If you're
interested in helping us set up and staff a LibreOffice booth, please
contact me!

For a complete list of scheduled/tentative events, including links to
event pages, please reference the following table on the wiki:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Events#North_America

Have a suggestion for an event at which LibreOffice should have a
presence? Let us know!

---

Spring Wiki Cleaning

Bored at work? Have a few minutes to spare?

It would be great if someone could go through our existing pages and
proofread/update anything that appears to be out-of-date. I get a kick
out of the name, but perhaps it's time for the "US and Canadian
Merketing Materials Page [sic]" to have some quality time with the
spellchecker:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/US-Marketing/Material

I'd also like to shorten the US-Marketing wiki page name to just
"/Marketing/US", but I'll bring that up at our next Chat!

---

So Hipster, We Don't Even Have A Website...

Based on the address of our email list, you might think that we had a
website at https://us.libreoffice.org

Boolean = FALSE. There's nothing there!

But we can change this! One of our first steps towards gaining
adopters is having a US-based outreach/marketing site that will be a
1-stop shop for new adopters, those interested in switching, and those
ready to put on their robes and wizard hats and become community
advocates for LibreOffice.

Interested in helping out with content/updates for the website? Join
us at the Marketing Chat, provide 2 forms of ID, pass a polygraph
test, and we'll get you CMS access lickety-split!

(just kidding about the polygraph test...)

---

Congratulations on reaching the end of this H-U-G-E email! I think you
deserve some LibreOffice swag, but I'll need to get it printed first.
Keep an eye on your inbox, as I'll be sending an email asking for your
input on what LibreOffice swag we should order!

Thanks,

Robinson Tryon
LibreOffice Community Outreach Herald
The Document Foundation