Here are some general marketing thoughts for LP2014:

=> Stickers

One easy way for us to promote our brand is to leave some stickers at
the GNU gift shop and on the registration table. More brand exposure
in North America is great for us, even if it's passive advertisement
like a sticker.

=> LibrePlanet might be a good place to recruit

Marketing materials with messages like "I'm a LibreOffice Developer",
"LibreOffice Design Team", or "Ask me how you can volunteer with
LibreOffice" might get people to talk with us. Even if they don't join
us themselves, they have friends, students, etc... that ask them for
guidance getting involved with FOSS, and we want them to point those
people to us.

=> Make our project and teams very approachable.

The LibrePlanet website asks the question "What challenges are
standing between us and our goal of free software ubiquity?"
LibreOffice has been critical to the migrations of countless
individuals and businesses away from proprietary OSes and business
software to FOSS systems, but at the end of the day a lot of people
see us as just another piece of software and just another Free
software community. Many people don't even know we exist...

To make our userbase and active community flourish, we need to build
stronger teams within our overall community, thereby lowering the
barriers to adoption and making LibreOffice look more attractive to
outsiders.

Case in Point: If there are going to be a number of us at LP2014, we
should make sure that we're organized and all recognizable as members
of the LibreOffice community. We could do this with t-shirts, buttons,
hats, or some kind of badge.

=> Talks

If anyone besides Italo is thinking about submitting a talk, remember
that the deadline for talks is coming up soon on November 15th (21:00
UTC), so get those ideas in early!

I have a couple of ideas for non-LibreOffice talks, but if anyone has
a great idea for a talk and won't be able to present it, email me, and
I'll see what I can do  :-)

Cheers,
--R