On 02/05/2013 02:18 PM, Marc Paré wrote:

What version does la Mouette provide? The MIMO disc is quite dated.

Cheers,

Marc

Could we get links for the French discs? [if there is one]
I could post them on my libreoffice-na.us opening page for those who
want a French disc.

Here are the links:

La Mouette (is a large supporter of LibreOffice and has hosted conferences for us). DVD disc is on their e-store BUT the version is LibreOffice 3.5 which is quite dated. I don't believe that conference goers would be interested in such a dated version):

http://enventelibre.org/cd-dvd/dvd-libreoffice-35

MimO (Mutualisation InerMinistérielle pour une bureautique Ouverte -- MimO) MimO provides a version of LibreOffice to the following FR ministries: environment, defense, interior, economics; budget, culture, justice, agriculture, education ... Their version is well supported, I believe they also support their own version of texts and they also promote the re-distribution of their disc version of LibreOffice. Their latest version is LibreOffice 3.5.7 which IMO a conference goer would also not like as we have already had the 3.6 and moving to 4.:

http://www.journal-officiel.gouv.fr/mimo/

IMO, the best version to advertise is the MimO as they seem to have the most at stake and will most likely have ironed our any problems with their version as well as made good texts in FR for their version. They make sure that the distro works for all their ministries.

IMO, we should try to get a FR version up to date on our site. Again, it is a matter of getting enough help to do it, although, I think that once the HTML pages for the disc are done, there would be less work to do and could be manageable by 1-2 people in order to keep pace with the DE, EN LibreOfficeBox versions.

Cheers,

Marc
Since I do not speak French, is there any French documentation out there, or other good things beyond the "dated" installs?

That is the real problem, finding the French, Spanish, or other non-English, non-German language documentation and other "extras" that can be bundled with the installs, like I did with the English DVD I developed.