On 01/31/2013 08:44 AM, Fabian Rodriguez wrote:
On 13-01-31 07:39 AM, webmaster-Kracked_P_P wrote:
As I said before, I would love to have the NA-DVD 4.0.0 version ready
for the 4.0.0 official release next week.
Excellent, let me know if you need any help. please send a reminder link
to your previous work, perhaps others can pitch in too.

F.

This is the first version of 3.6.4 NA-DVD, but I did not upload versions 2 and 3 since it was only a week or so [for v3, 2 weeks for v2] till 3.6.5 was to be released.

http://download.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/box/3.6.4/LO-3.6.4_English-NA-DVD_All-Platforms_Multi-Lang_plus-extras_v1.iso

When 3.6.5 gets pushed onto the mirrors, it will be at
http://download.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/box/3.6.5

As soon as the installs for 4.0.0.3 is on the servers, I will download them. Hopefully there will not be a need for a 4.0.0.4 version.

Once the version that will be released is on the servers [4.0.0.3] I will download the 90 +/- install files for the packages, the language and help packs used, then I will modify the install.html page to reflect those files. I will also have a new 4.0.0 label listed in the artwork.html page so people can print the NA-DVD label onto the DVd media - if they have a inkjet printer that prints directly onto the CD/DVD media. [I have two - one new one and one near its end of life].

It takes about an hour +/- to download all of the files and edit the install page, if there is no problems, and burn a test DVD. The real time is it takes between 9 and 11 hours to upload it to the server so it can be pushed to LO's CD/DVD download page[s]. I have the DVD in as "testing portal" so people can see what the current "status" of the DVD, the current one or the next version's pages other than the install page.

The current 3.6.x DVD is shown at:
http://libreoffice-na.us/English-3.6-installs/install.html

The 4.0.x install[s] will be at
http://libreoffice-na.us/English-3.4-installs/install.html
when it is uploaded to the NA-DVD server.

Unfortunately, my hosting provider will not allow any file that size of a CD or DVD. They have a rule about not wanting to host any site that looks like it is a repository. I get unlimited traffic bandwidth, so they do not want the traffic a CD/DVD repository would create. I am hoping that I will be able to find an easy to use "free" site to host the DVD .iso files as a backup to the LO system.

For those who have not heard of the NA-DVD project, the first DVD was created in the summer of 2011. These DVD were developed to offer a way to:

1] get most of what a new user in North America would need to start using LO, installs, a few language and help packs, documentation, and a bunch of extras.

2] a DVD that could be sent to a user if they do not have a broadband access, i.e. a dial-up account that makes it hard to get LO easily. That part of the process has hit many walls, since I hoped we would be able to have a print/make-a-DVD-on-demaind by a professional service. Right now, if the person has no friends who can download the install files using their faster access, a person could send me the shipping costs and they will get a DVD from me. Priority Mail [claims 6 to 10 days world wide delivery] costs about $17 is the person does not live in the USA, Canada, or Mexico. 6 to 10 days from New York State to Australia or the Pacific Islands is a good delivery schedule. But not many people want to spend that type of money for a disc that contains free software. Hopefully we can get contact in as many countries as possible who would be willing to download and burn the .iso files and ship them to their fellow country-mates.

The full name of the project it:
LibreOffice North American Community DVD Project, NA-DVD for short.

the opening page for the DVD "portal""
http://libreoffice-na.us/

the main email address for the NA-DVD project:
Webmaster@LibreOffice-NA.US <mailto:Webmaster@LibreOffice-NA.US>

Timothy Lungstrom, creator and webmaster of the project
Central New York State in the USA.