On 02/21/2012 10:13 PM, Georges gMail wrote:
Le 2012-02-21 14:49, drew a écrit :
That time again:

http://linuxfestnorthwest.org

Anyone planning on attending - setting up a table - etc?

Thanks,

//drew

I do hope to be at LinuxFest Northwest but will be there as part of the delegation from VanLUG (BC). There was a good LibreOffice presence last year and I hope for even better this year.

Georges

Maybe someone would burn a few copies of the "NA-DVD" I sent Eric.
LO-3.4.5--NA-DVD--WLM--Feb-21st-2012.iso

I had to fix an issue with the portable file link with the first one I sent to Drew, but Eric Christian has the most up-to-date one, which was uploaded last night.

Since this DVD had Windows, Linux, and MacOSX installs of 3.4.5, and the documentation, extensions, templates, artwork/galleries, etc., it might be a good one to have a few copies around. I know it is LinuxFest, but I bet some visitors might want to have a DVD that has Windows on it for their boss[es] to look at or their non-Linux friends.

Being nearly housebound with my injuries, and on a fixed disability income, I cannot go to such an event, even though I would love to. I would love it to know that the North American Community DVD was there, even if it was only a few copies.

I bet someone could do a nice bit of artwork for the label for the event, and if a 3.5.x version gets ready for "business use" before then, someone [me maybe] could update the install folder and HTML file to reflect that version of LO.

---

I loved working at the tables of the railroad related "fests" before my second stroke and my doctor telling me working these tables was too stressful for me. I use to sell items for a railroad historical society and some railroad related DVD that I made for the events. I miss doing those "fests" and would love to be able to do one for LO in my area, if I could get there with my wheelchair.