My apologies if this is not the correct list for this posting. I am new
to marketing for LibreOffice and so welcome any direction or
clarification.

Earlier this year I participated in LinuxFest Northwest down in
Bellingham, WA, where I had time for a brief chat with the folk at the
LibreOffice table. I was at the fest representing the Vancouver Linux
Users Group (VanLUG) www.vanlug.bc.ca .

This August VanLUG will have a table at LinuxCon NA 2011 here in
Vancouver, BC, so I am, naturally, wondering if there will be a
LibreOffice representation there? If so, how might I help? If not, how
might I help?

For more than ten years prior to my retirement in late 2004 I worked in
the IT department of a large international not-for-profit organization
where I managed an internal help desk serving an office of 200 plus
around twenty remote Unix servers across Canada. Later as manager of
special projects I assisted in the implementation of Lotus Notes across
hundreds of local offices. My last project involved the porting of an
internal statistics gathering database from hundreds of stand-alone
instances to the Internet. My work in IT started in 1982.

Over the years I had seen enough of the development of office suites to
be over-joyed when OpenOffice.org came upon the scene. This was
especially true after my personal move to using Linux (Ubuntu in my
case). Although saddened by the need for the LibreOffice fork I soon
realized that as an Ubuntu user I had already been using an enhanced
version of OOo. Like many, many folk I have been very impressed with
what has happened under the auspices of The Document Foundation hence
this rather lengthy self-introduction.

Now returning to my original questions, how may I help ensure those
attending LinuxCon NA 2001 will get to know LibreOffice and The Document
Foundation?

Sincerely,

Georges Rodier
Richmond, BC
Canada

PS Yes, I function in both of Canada's official languages. GR