On 06/05/2011 12:20 PM, drew wrote:
On Sun, 2011-06-05 at 11:25 -0400, Marc Paré wrote:
At the last North American Community meeting, I volunteered to create
the Mexican membership wiki page.

Would it be OK for me to create a North American Community link on the
Marketing page[1]? In this link, there would be a link to the US
marketing pages[2] (already done), the Canadian marketing pages[2]
(already done[3]) and the Mexican marketing pages (not done yet -- see
"rationale" note below).
+1 from me.

The more cross links that there is, the easier it is to find the things you want or need.

We need the Mexican community to help with Spanish translation of everything from web pages to templates and documentation. We need any community that speaks another language other than English to help do the work that is needed to give support to those who do not have extensions, templates, documentation, and anything else that are not in a language that they can use easily.

Now that I figured out the proper way to use spell check in other languages, besides the default one you have chosen, I can help others use that feature. The ability to use English for menus and write documents, and spell check them, in other languages is a major point that I want to press when I go to the local school districts with LibreOffice.

With the addition of Mexican, and other wiki pages for their communities, there will be more willingness to use LibreOffice, than if it was just an English supported product. We need to have as many of these localized pages as we can and we need to help these groups as much as we can. If we do not support each other, then . . . ., it is not something I want to think about right now.

At the last NA Community confcall we agreed that questions relating to
the NA Community would make use of the marketing-US mailist as means of
communication. I don't think we need another mailist as the traffic
would be quite low.
Yes - that was on my plate I think, IIRC, the idea was to ask Florian
about the the chances of renaming the list from us marketing to NA
marketing..if that sounds correct to folks then I'll send that email to
the website list this afternoon.

<snip>
Either US or NA is good for me.

The real issue is would others want to make that change to their use and posting of threads to the list. There was enough people being upset about adding the "global" name to the lists, that changing a name of one of them might be a problem as well. Also, I thought that the "global" issue was to start a few days ago and I do not seem to see it in use. OR are we to re-sign-up for that lists again?

Would there be any problems with doing this? If I don't hear any
objections to this, I will then go ahead with all of this. (Mexican
membership help is welcomed!)

Go for it, I think.

//drew