Here is the state of the North American Community DVD project, as I see it.

If you go to the root index page for "libreoffice-na.us" you will have two choices:

All Supported Platforms
and
Windows Only

The All Supported Platforms version of the English DVD is in the /English/ folder. The Windows-only DVD is in the /English-Windows/ folder.

The original idea for the English only DVD was to place the DVD into the computer and the default folder of the DVD would have the index file along with all the other usable HTML files in that default folder. When there is finally a Spanish or French versions, then you will get a default folder that had only one HTML file, the index file, and the common folders with a folder for each language that is supported by that DVD.

For some reason people got the idea that the final "published" DVD was to have a default folder that had a root index file similar to the one that is the root/default index file of the libreoffice-na.us domain. That domain was originally designed to host the various DVD test pages for the project. One page for an English DVD that supported all the platforms used, and one English DVD for only Windows. Then as the different language versions are created, each of those DVDs would be tested along side of the English versions for comparison.

It has come to my attention that the root/default index page of the domain is being taken as the default page of the DVD[s]. That was not the original intent for its use. It is just a page that shows the people involved in the project[s], what the project is all about, and the current test pages and files of the DVD as of the last upload of the files to the domain.

-------

As soon as the other members of the team finish with looking for any possible issues with the potentially included files for the "initial" English DVD, THEN our initial publication of this DVD will happen. At that point this version is handed over to the Spanish and French translators so they can do their part.

The original plan for the "publication" of the DVD was to have several places where you can download the ISO file of the DVD, and several places where you can buy a pre-made DVD like people offered for OpenOffice.org over the past years for those who did not have the bandwidth to download the ISO file[s].

The current folder sizes of the DVDs are; 3.3 GB for the All Platform DVD and 1.6 GB for the initial work on the Windows only DVD. For those who have limited bandwidth for downloading, and uses Windows, the Windows Only version may be the better option, but it still lags behind the work on the All Platform version.

So please let me/us know what you think about the work being done.

webmaster @ lungstrom.com
webmaster @ krackedpress.com

Tim Lungstrom
New York State, USA