Le 2011-02-25 10:38, webmaster for Kracked Press Productions a écrit :

The text would be some download instructions, like click on the link,
save onto your hard drive {maybe suggest some default folder}, go to
that folder and double click on the filename there to install the package}.
The LibreOffice.org site's instructions for Window seem to indicate that
you should download the install file[s] to your hard drive and then
browser to that folder to install your download file[s]. We could use
LibreOffice.com's text.

Actually, what do you think about having a PDF printout of the online
instructions on the DVD. I did that so you would not need to go online
to read any instructions. I want as much instructions and such on the
DVD so those who are installing LibreOffice, and the extra options and
packages, will not need to go to the Internet to get help for the
install. Some people I deal with do not have every computer in their
places connected to the Internet, or are just dial-up access users. Is
that not way we will have a DVD to be offered to be mailed to a
user/organization along with the option to download the ISO file or
download directly from the LibreOffice.org web site?

I thought this was the original premise of the DVD. People needing the DVD would be people who had no or limited access to computers and no or limited access to internet connectivity. We should really think in terms of this and this will certainly satisfy any of the criteria of DVD giveaways at conferences.

By-the-Way
If drew did not leave for LAX yesterday, he might have had a big delay
leaving this morning. The weather/roads are so bad in my part of New
York State, that my aide cannot make it in. Only the "personal care
aides", needed for helping a person bath or other things like getting
dressed, are doing their best to get to their assignments. I am not that
far gone, so I do not have an aide today.

If only we could wear snowshoes and run in the snow! Heh! <--- by the way that's Canadian talk for you.

Cheers

Marc