On Fri, 2011-01-14 at 10:37 -0700, Jeff Chimene wrote:
On 01/13/2011 10:31 PM, drew wrote:
Howdy,

Just a quick note to everyone.

Received an email from the folks at ODFAuthors regarding hard copies of
LibreOffice manuals and guides.

They will supply a copy for display use at events as each become
available.

So - for the moment that would be the Getting Started Guide and that
would need to be ordered from the printer a few weeks prior to the show.

It seems silly to have it shipped to the east coast only to turn around
and lug it to the west. We haven't actually set any kind of schedule as
to who is going to be at the Libo table, on which days.

We could use the wiki I suppose. but for the moment:

@Jeff or @Jon I believe you both are planning on helping staff the booth
and live in LA - if either of you know you will be there on Friday or
live close enough to LAX to drop it off Friday morning and would be
willing to have it shipped direct to you that would be great.

HI Drew:

I trust that "management" will adopt a schedule for this event ASAP.

Well, management is us, it would be great if you want to coordinate
staff times, at the moment it's a booth with a table, we need to be at
it. There is no Libo track, so it's not like we are arranging arrival
for 10 people.

My plan at this moment is to be there all day every day and stay at the
hotel where the show it. It would be nice to catch a few sessions, if
you are going to be there the whole time then this is the same with you,
if you have a particular presentation track you want to participate in
then we can work out booth time. The schedule I think is out and up on
the SCALE site.

It would be good to pick a day for a lunch / meetup for anyone that is
interested - it's getting about time to maybe pick a day for that, after
that it is really a case of just sending announcements to the user
mailing list about where and when, do the same with identi.ca/twitter.

There was a possibility of getting a developer to give a presentation at
the event, that doesn't really look like it is going to happen.

It would help to have a grid on the wiki with days and names I would be
happy to create that.

If I have a role in that schedule, I plan on driving to LA on Thursday
(or whatever is the day before the event start date). I will be staying
in Garden Grove, CA. I'm sure that the book can be shipped to the Garden
Grove address. The book can also be shipped to my address in Arizona.

You can drop me direct email if so with your address and I'll forward
that to Jean at ODFAuthors.

I'll be happy to help in this regard once it's been decided that:
1) I can assist at this event

Why would you not be able to assist? Only if you decide not to come.

If you have ideas for things to do or questions on anything put them to
the list, really that was the reason for this email to get the actual
coordination going.

2) no others can transport the book to the event

Anyone can, sorry I thought you where in LA already - missed that you
where traveling in also.

Thanks

Drew