[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[py-marketing] Re: [libreoffice-marketing] informing people about confcalls
- Subject: [py-marketing] Re: [libreoffice-marketing] informing people about confcalls
- From: drew <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 04 May 2011 11:03:10 -0400
- To: email@example.com
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
On Wed, 2011-05-04 at 15:10 +0200, Florian Effenberger wrote:
> in order to raise awareness for our marketing conference calls, what do
> you think about sending out an announcement to announce@? No formal PR,
> just a short note. I just digged through the archives, and we didn't
> send something out like that yet, I only blogged about it.
> I don't want to spam people, but on the other hand, raising awareness
> for it could greatly help getting marketing contributors, and shows the
> world what we're doing.
I don't think pushing out an email on announce, once a month, would be
spamming. Then again might be a way to start talking about a monthly
newsletter - marketing sounds like a section name, to me anyhow.
Also a suggestion to do the same for all four marketing mailing lists,
Int., PY, ES and US, as a standard matter of practice.
Even if only in English, I don't believe folks on the Spanish speaking
lists will mind. (?) Speaking English on the call, IMO, is likely more
of a hurdle for some, I know speaking Spanish would be for me. That's a
different issue I suppose, but still, it does IMO help when the
invitation is direct.
So - hope you don't mind but I added those two other ml addresses here.
The doodle page for the next call BTW:
Thanks for seeing to this each month,
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/py/marketing/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
- Prev by Date: [py-marketing] subscritos
- Next by Date: [py-marketing] Hey Libreoffice
- Previous by thread: [py-marketing] subscritos
- Next by thread: [py-marketing] Hey Libreoffice