Re: [libreoffice-website] CSP issue is back on the WordPress blog instance

On 1/23/20 10:10 PM, William Gathoye (LibreOffice) wrote:

> But indeed, by default, the "GDPR agreement" requested to the user to
> confirm he really wants to see the video might be missing with the
> default config, hence the need for a plugin, maybe?

Yes, you must ask the user if he really wants to see the video, as the
connection will switch to YouTube, and therefore the previous consent is
not enough (because it is for the current blog). Unfortunately, GDPR is
a nightmare, as there is only one law but several ways of interpreting
the law (by country, by jurisdiction, etc.). TDF has decided to choose a
cautious approach, at least until the situation will have settled, even
if this creates some issues to users (too many clicks).

> There is definitely room for documentation :) A needed step before
> making improvements/providing a new design to the blogs IMHO. Will
> follow with the team (mostly Italo) :)

Improvement is welcome (and needed), but does not necessarily mean that
we will have to change the approach vs GDPR. We can find a compromise,
and progress step by step.

mobile/signal +39.348.5653829 - email italo@libreoffice.org
hangout/jabber italo.vignoli@gmail.com - skype italovignoli
GPG Key ID - 0xAAB8D5C0