[libreoffice-website] [Reminder] Planned Gerrit upgrade (and Google/GitHub/OpenID auth deprecation) on Wed, Dec 25 from 00:00 to 04:00 UTC

On Thu, 05 Dec 2019 at 07:03:54 +0100, Guilhem Moulin wrote:
> We'll upgrade to Gerrit 2.16 on Wed, Dec 25 starting at 00:00 UTC. This
> is a pretty long upgrade path and a pessimistic ETA is 04:00 UTC.
>
> *Important*: After completion it will no longer possible to log in using
> third-party authentication methods such as Google and GitHub OAuth2 IdPs.
> Authentication to the web frontend will need to be done with TDF's Single
> Sign-On system.

The upcoming migration is hopefully known to everyone involved. We
reached out via public announcements to various mailing lists, weekly
ESC notices, a shiny banner, and two individual reminders (will send a
3rd one later today).

The handful of regular contributors who still can't be linked to our
Single Sign-On service will be *locked out* from the web UI next
Wednesday at 00:00 UTC. After that, manual intervention will be required
to unlock old accounts; that'll be cumbersome for everyone and certainly
not without delay.

--
Guilhem.