Re: [libreoffice-website] Banner for switching languages on the LibreOffice website

On 14/10/2019 23:16, Italo Vignoli wrote:
> On 10/10/19 3:37 PM, Mike Saunders wrote:
>
>> I think we should add a few more languages there (Deutsch and Italiano
>> for instance). I don't want to prioritise any particular language, but
>> the idea is to clearly show that the site is available in many
>> languages, and people can click "More" to see the full list.

Hi there.

*Please* don't use a drop down menu to change languages. Besides being
old school, this is not really efficient on mobile because this implies
a scroll view in a scroll view when the drop down menu is too long for
the screen height.

I hate to say that, but please take inspiration from Apple Inc in this
regard [1] and use a dedicate page to choose the language from.

Also, this is maybe the opportunity to reinitiate the project of
community logos, a project pushed forwards by sophi (as far as I remember).

I'm a available to provide help in the Silverstripe implementation if
needed (just ping me directly).

Regards,

--
William Gathoye