[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-website] Proposal to disable Planet TDF Twitter feed
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-website] Proposal to disable Planet TDF Twitter feed
- From: Ilmari Lauhakangas <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2019 10:30:20 +0300
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
Brett Cornwall kirjoitti 15.10.2019 klo 7.18:
On 2019-10-14 11:50, Florian Effenberger wrote:
we have our TDF Planet at https://planet.documentfoundation.org that offers several blog feeds at one convenient place. It allows for easy access and gives a good overview of what's going on, to stay up to date on things that happen around LibreOffice and TDF at large.
A summary of this is posted at the @PlanetTDF Twitter feed. That Twitter feed has been repeatedly subject of some irritation. Not all blog postings are featured due to the sheer amount of them and e.g. sometimes authors by accident chose the wrong category and then the posting gets featured by mistake. While we can correct this easily on our own Planet, when things are on social media, there's more interaction.
As the Planet's main purpose is to combine content on the website and its respective RSS feed and at the same time we feature relevant postings and activities on our main TDF and LibreOffice channels, we've repeatedly received the proposal to disable the @PlanetTDF Twitter feed altogether. It simply serves no purpose on its own, but just duplicates content that was duplicated before already. ;-)
I like the idea and support the proposal.
Any thoughts on this?
I imagine it would make sense to do the same to the Mastadon account. There's not much in the way of sharing/likes on either of those accounts so it makes sense in my humble opinion.
We don't feed the Planet posts automatically to Mastodon, though. The posts there are curated, just like on the Twitter account @libreoffice. The Mastodon account has roughly the same amount of followers as r/libreoffice sub-reddit has subscribers, so I don't think it's that bad.
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/website/
|[libreoffice-website] Proposal to disable Planet TDF Twitter feed||Florian Effenberger <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Re: [libreoffice-website] Proposal to disable Planet TDF Twitter feed||Brett Cornwall <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-website] Proposal to disable Planet TDF Twitter feed
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-website] Use of Windows 7/8/10 (XX bits) instead of Windows (x86|x86_64) on download page
- Previous by thread: Re: [libreoffice-website] Proposal to disable Planet TDF Twitter feed
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-website] Proposal to disable Planet TDF Twitter feed