[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-website] Proposal to disable Planet TDF Twitter feed
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-website] Proposal to disable Planet TDF Twitter feed
- From: Brett Cornwall <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2019 21:18:39 -0700
- To: Florian Effenberger <email@example.com>
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
On 2019-10-14 11:50, Florian Effenberger wrote:
we have our TDF Planet at https://planet.documentfoundation.org that offers several blog feeds at one convenient place. It allows for easy access and gives a good overview of what's going on, to stay up to date on things that happen around LibreOffice and TDF at large.
A summary of this is posted at the @PlanetTDF Twitter feed. That Twitter feed has been repeatedly subject of some irritation. Not all blog postings are featured due to the sheer amount of them and e.g. sometimes authors by accident chose the wrong category and then the posting gets featured by mistake. While we can correct this easily on our own Planet, when things are on social media, there's more interaction.
As the Planet's main purpose is to combine content on the website and its respective RSS feed and at the same time we feature relevant postings and activities on our main TDF and LibreOffice channels, we've repeatedly received the proposal to disable the @PlanetTDF Twitter feed altogether. It simply serves no purpose on its own, but just duplicates content that was duplicated before already. ;-)
I like the idea and support the proposal.
Any thoughts on this?
I imagine it would make sense to do the same to the Mastadon account. There's not much in the way of sharing/likes on either of those accounts so it makes sense in my humble opinion.
Perhaps those accounts could be repurposed for what Twitter is best for - Drumming up anger and misinformation on the internet: Did you know that the MS office team have a secret demon worship room?
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/website/
|Re: [libreoffice-website] Proposal to disable Planet TDF Twitter feed||Florian Effenberger <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Re: [libreoffice-website] Proposal to disable Planet TDF Twitter feed||Ilmari Lauhakangas <email@example.com>|
|[libreoffice-website] Proposal to disable Planet TDF Twitter feed||Florian Effenberger <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-website] Banner for switching languages on the LibreOffice website
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-website] Proposal to disable Planet TDF Twitter feed
- Previous by thread: Re: [libreoffice-website] Proposal to disable Planet TDF Twitter feed
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-website] Proposal to disable Planet TDF Twitter feed