[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-website] Minutes from the Tue Sep 17 infra call
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-website] Minutes from the Tue Sep 17 infra call
- From: Florian Effenberger <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2019 08:40:46 +0200
- To: email@example.com
Guilhem Moulin wrote:
+ guilhem: would just like to agree on something that's not telegram.
Brett: would just need to be as usable as telegram then
I agree, that's exactly the thing. That's something many solutions badly fail at and which makes the adoption rate of proprietary messaging tools much higher. The casual user does not want to configure server, login and other things.
The primary reason for looking for a messaging solution is internal use, so people are capable to add their SSO account. The blocker for me so far was that the mobile apps were not working reliably (Nextcloud) or I could not use SSO at all (Matrix/Riot).
If we go for an alternative, I want it to be on TDF premises, so IRC might not be the best way to go.
What we could do is to bridge a messaging tool (mobile-capable, notifications, SSO) to IRC if need be.
That being said - thanks everyone for all the hard work you do, I see lots of progress in infra, happy!
To unsubscribe e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/website/
|[libreoffice-website] Minutes from the Tue Sep 17 infra call||Guilhem Moulin <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-website] Minutes from the Tue Sep 17 infra call
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-website] Minutes from the Tue Sep 17 infra call
- Previous by thread: Re: [libreoffice-website] Minutes from the Tue Sep 17 infra call