Hi everyone,

As you know, we have a website hosting extensions and templates at
https://extensions.libreoffice.org. There are currently 380 extensions
and 398 templates - and we really appreciate the help of community
members who've created them.

The current Plone-based extensions and templates website has served us
well over the years, and we'd like to express a special thanks to
Andreas Mantke for creating the site and maintaining it over all these
years, investing lots of work and effort into this. Thanks a lot!

As we look into the long term, we aim to further improve the user
experience, localization and connection to our single sign-on (SSO)
service. In other words, we want to build a website that's super
friendly for both users and extension/template creators, and which can
be translated easily, because one of our goals is reaching as many
people in the world as possible, in as many languages as possible.

We had previously announced that we were investigating OCS as a
solution. OCS has many strengths, but it also has some limitations in
terms of self-hosting and localisation. Therefore we decided to keep
looking for other options that would also integrate with our single
sign-on system.

To this end, we've decided to build a new extensions and templates
website based on SilverStripe. As you may know, SilverStripe is the
content management system we use for the main LibreOffice website. It's
mature, flexible and provides many of the features we need.

Our infra team has been working on a demo SilverStripe-based website
with the basic functionality for uploading, administering and
downloading extensions and templates. There's more work to be done, but
we think this is the best solution in the long-run. In the coming weeks,
we hope to open up the website for more testing, polishing and
translations, and then make it live for everyone to use.

We'll post more on these lists when it's ready for testing!

--
Mike Saunders, Marketing & PR
Tel: +49 30555 7992 62 | IRC: M-Saunders on Freenode