On 22/03/2019 19:04, Guilhem Moulin wrote:

As the command output suggests, yes.  Or at least that's what I propose,
assuming releng accept to maintain that map.
Let's have our fingers crossed hoping this will be possible to
implement/keep over the long term then :)

Depends what “this” refers to.  There is no dictionary mapping
‘fresh’/‘still’ to download urls, let alone a 3XY redirect.  But if you
provide your build and a more recent version is available for that
flavor, you get some information about that update, incl. its build ID
and version number
Hum ok. But in your example you specified a 6.0.x build and the server
answered the user should download 6.1.5.

This is weird because if someone has installed the 6.0 branch when that
one was the *fresh one*, he won't be proposed to download 6.2.2.

I'm thus wondering:

  * how the system performs the match between branches and how he keeps
    track of the branches (see issue described just above ^)
  * and (more interesting for my use case), how to have a build string
    that will always work. i.e. a build string that will answer with the
    latest version of the still branch and a build string that will
    answer with the latest version of the fresh branch. Because at
    chocolatey, the update script won't change (as the build id I'll fake).

    curl -sSA "LibreOffice 6.0.7.3 (dc89aa7a9eabfd848af146d5086077aeed2ae4a5; Windows; x86; )" \
        https://update.libreoffice.org/check.php | xmlstarlet sel -T -t -v
'/inst:description/inst:version'
Ok perfect. Understood. I didn't know about xmlstarlet btw. Great tool!

--
William Gathoye
<william@gathoye.be>