[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-website] Re: Multilingual LibreOffice website
- Subject: [libreoffice-website] Re: Multilingual LibreOffice website
- From: Jean Spiteri <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2018 07:27:15 -0700 (MST)
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mike Saunders wrote
> Hi Jean,
> Thanks for looking into this! Yes, I totally agree that we need to make
> the other language sites more prominent. We often get emails to info@
> from non-English speakers who try their best to give feedback or ask
> questions, but don't know that there's a whole LibreOffice site in their
> I think the banner is OK, but it does push the rest of the content down
> a bit. Is there any way to add a "Dismiss" button so that it's not shown
> again to people who don't want to change?
Yes, it pushes it down by a little bit (depending on the screen resolution).
The Dismiss button but to have it "stick", it would require a cookie and
after discussing with cloph, he did not want to set a cookie for it, in
light of recent data protection legislation.
Mike Saunders wrote
> Another alternative would be to have an extra menu on the right-hand
> side, after donate, with a UK/USA flag for the English site. This would
> keep it nice and small, and could have other flags in the drop-down list
> underneath. Not sure how easy that is to implement, though!
cloph also said that flags need to be avoided as sophi said. The drop down
list is in a way replaced by the 'Other languages' link which leads you to
the page where all of them are listed.
Sent from: http://document-foundation-mail-archive.969070.n3.nabble.com/Website-f1644957.html
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/website/
|[libreoffice-website] Multilingual LibreOffice website||Jean Spiteri <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Re: [libreoffice-website] Multilingual LibreOffice website||Mike Saunders <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-website] Multilingual LibreOffice website
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-website] Multilingual LibreOffice website
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-website] Re: Multilingual LibreOffice website
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-website] Multilingual LibreOffice website