[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-website] Ask LibreOffice site: short explanation for why registration is required?
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-website] Ask LibreOffice site: short explanation for why registration is required?
- From: Tim-L <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2017 09:04:55 -0400
- To: email@example.com
On 09/20/2017 05:43 AM, Mike Saunders wrote:
Hello,I have seen this type of explanation text before, on other sites. I do not remember what these texts exactly stated, but they used the registration to fight "spam" and "robo systems".
We get lots of questions about LibreOffice on our social media channels,
and I usually point people in the direction of Ask LibreOffice. However,
sometimes I get replies from people complaining that they have to
register for yet another service.
On this page (when logged out):
Underneath "Please click any of the icons below to sign in", could we
add a short line of text like so:
"(Registration is required as a spam protection measure.)"
Or something like that. What do you think?
I remember a few years ago accessing a "help site" that did not have registration. That site more spam than help.
To unsubscribe e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/website/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|[libreoffice-website] Ask LibreOffice site: short explanation for why registration is required?||Mike Saunders <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: [libreoffice-website] Ask LibreOffice site: short explanation for why registration is required?
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-website] Re: NL website default font
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-website] Ask LibreOffice site: short explanation for why registration is required?